- Your ‘herd’ feel you’re interested in them
- It enhances the sense of value in what you offer
- It increases their awareness of ‘you’ as the person they have a relationship with
- Even your laziest customers are kept informed
- Everyone responds to variety
- People generally like to learn
If you think how much energy goes into winning a new client, customer retention is very important. And yet, good customers can slip away like slippery eels unless you are willing to keep in touch with them.
In fact, most of the time, you probably keep them in the dark. You only talk to them when you have something new you want them to buy. This irregular communication makes the task of customer retention much more difficult.
This video tutorial gives you 6 good reasons for regular communication with your customers and the hidden wealth that appears as a result.
To recap, here are the 6 ways regular communication helps customer retention:
As soon as possible, put in place a system of regular communication. Choose from e-mail, social media, marketing flyer or newsletter.
Good communicators use as many as possible.
And remember, it’s not about selling… It’s about the conversation. Try to sell all the time and they will soon just slip away forever.